Friday, November 25, 2011

Paperback ...... the first part....

My sister went through a rough patch in life, and she lives literally, saat samundar paar. She has a friend who understood, and wrote about her difficult time. He is a superb doctor, and an amazing blogger. She sent me a link to the beautiful words he had written for her, and I was hooked. I became an addict of his blogs, and almost stalked his site.

He wrote short stories too. And I thought "What the heck! If a DOCTOR can write, so can I! And this fellow is my JUNIOR from school, for heavens' sake!" And I wrote.......

I saw my work getting published online, and I was prodded on by many friends, including my sister and  Doctor Roshan Radhakrishnan  to keep writing. And write I did....

And then a story was selected for print. And the tease that I am, I shall let you know the details in a later post ........ buahahahahaha!!

Till then, wish me luck!

7 comments:

  1. Wish you Godspeed.

    Tease Indeed, What possible pleasure are you getting out of this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words...Your sister is a gem of a girl.. well, woman I guess now. And yes, I know about the 'story up for printing' too.Why ? Well...details in a later post here as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arre waah!! Too much! Congrats! Can't wait for the rest of the news. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes i went to the blog and found it quite a creative hub..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bully! Saving the best for next, eh?

    But very sweet how things turned out.. as I see his comment right above (Hello Dr Roshan :)), it kinda warms one's heart..

    Will wait for the next post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Tell us more about the story, please. I just completed 50,000 words of my first novel and I'm over the moon. Taking a much needed 2 day break and reading up on all the blogs I've been away from all month.

    How's the weather treating you and the kids?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Atrocious... thanks! *Evil Laugh*
    @Roshan .... likewise! ;-)
    @Spaceman ... will be out soon... shall update
    @Guilty .... yeah, Doc has been blogging for 6 years now!
    @R-A-J .... thank you!
    @Sumira ... wow! 50,000 words? Thats like a mega soap! all the best dear! And the weather is still tolerable, with a few sniffles.

    ReplyDelete